Clinical Nurse Specialist/UKHC
|Job Title||Clinical Nurse Specialist/UKHC|
|Working Title||RN Clinical Nurse Specialist/Behavioral Health|
|Department Name||H3270:Nursing Practice and Support Services|
|Work Location||Chandler/Eastern State Hospital|
|Type of Position||Staff|
|Position Time Status||Full-Time|
|Required Related Experience||
5 years nursing experience required.
Active Kentucky RN license, Temporary Work Permit (TWP), Provisional License or active compact state RN license that is in good standing and American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support certification for the Healthcare Provider valid for at least 6 months after employment date
Walking; ability to use computer workstation regularly with some repetitive motion.
Day shift primarily 8am to 430pm but other hours as needed to cover the needs of the service line.
This position will provide the necessary skills, guidance and education to patients and staff to insure that the care provided Is efficient and cost effective as well as being of the highest quality.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist will be involved in facilitating the quality of behavioral healthcare delivery for patients at all levels of care including, but not limited to, acute, progressive, ICU care beds and beyond, through facilitation, support and education of nursing staff as well as patients. Develops, implements and evaluates educational strategies and programs. Identifies trends in patient outcomes to determine performance improvement activities.
Provides support and clinical expertise to facilitate/coordinate progress toward meeting performance improvement goals. Integrates research, evidence based knowledge of nursing and resource management into practice environment. Participates in the development of health care policy and related education within the institution and community. Assists in facilitating transition to practice for the new graduate. Serves as a clinical resource and change agent. Demonstrates excellent leadership, teaching, interpersonal skills and an understanding of organization and systems
*The University of Kentucky considers the health, safety and well-being of our entire community to be a top priority. In alignment with this priority, all new hires must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption as a condition of employment. For areas that fall under the federal CMS mandate, start of employment cannot occur until two weeks after receiving the full COVID-19 vaccination series or upon obtaining an approved exemption. Only vaccines approved by the World Health Organization can be accepted.
|Skills / Knowledge / Abilities|
|Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?||No|
At least 5 years of behavioral health nursing experience preferred.
|Deadline to Apply||10/09/2022|
|University Community of Inclusion||
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate your current Nursing Educational Level.
- New Graduate
- PhD or DNP
- * Are you currently employed as a registered nurse at UK HealthCare Chandler/UK HealthCare Samaritan Hospitals?
- * Please indicate your current licensure status.
- Current KY RN License
- Current compact state RN licensure
- Current non-compact state RN licensure
- New Graduate within 6 months or Provisional License
- Valid KY Temporary Work Permit
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Given the COVID-19 pandemic, and the need to protect patient, employee, and visitor safety, UK HealthCare is requiring all employees to comply with the COVID-19 vaccination policy prior to starting employment. Therefore, as of September 15, 2021, UK HealthCare requires all employees, including new hires prior to their first day of employment, to submit appropriate documentation showing, i) completion of the first vaccination against COVID-19, or ii) completion of the full vaccination series against COVID-19 (i.e., two weeks past completing their complete COVID-19 vaccination series), or iii) approved exemption (medical contraindications or a sincerely held religious belief) through the formal vaccine exemption process from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For those employees who have completed the first vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, the second vaccination (if applicable) must be completed following the vaccination recommended schedule to be considered fully vaccinated. I understand that I will be required to comply with the new COVID-19 vaccination policy prior to starting employment at UK HealthCare.
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience working in a behavioral health role.
- more than 0, up through 1 year
- more than 1 year, up through 3 years
- more than 3 years, up through 5 years
- more than 5 years
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter