RN OR Training Program
You can use your expertise, compassion, and kindness to transform the patient experience. When you join UCLA Health as a nurse, you’ll deliver leading-edge care as you build an exceptional career with a health system that’s consistently ranked among the best in the country.
This program is for new grads or experienced nurses who would like to be trained in the OR.
Make a significant impact with a world-class health system. Contribute to award-winning, Magnet™-designated patient care. Experience unequaled professional rewards. UCan do all this and more at UCLA Health.
As an operating room nurse, you will serve as a scrub and circulating nurse while providing direct patient care using the nursing process and evidence-based practice. You will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary professional team as you contribute to cutting edge and innovative surgical procedures. Our mission involves you supporting research and education to staff and students. This role has a varied schedule that includes call assignments on nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a BSN or MSN degree required. Official Transcripts and/or original diploma from a registered nursing program must be provided upon hire
- Current and valid California RN license required
- Current BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- At least 2 years of experience as a Registered Nurse
- Ability to perform comprehensive patient assessments and develop/deliver appropriate interventions, involving patients, family and staff
- Exceptional communication, prioritization, organization and designating skills
- Thorough understanding of medical/surgical terminology
- Ability to learn scrub and circulating roles for the OR’s
If you are a new grad looking to apply to the OR Training Program please apply to Req 28491