Registered Nurse / Part-Time
Cow Creek Health & Wellness - Registered Nurse (RN)/Part Time
Minimum Hourly: $32.64
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care and advice on health care needs with full consideration of mental, emotional, cultural, social, and physical factors. This position will be up to but not more than 30 hours per week.
- Obtain preliminary health history and physical assessment of patients. Make appropriate referrals to other team members or provide necessary service.
- Screen and assess patients who are not physically present following telephone triage protocols. Determine the need to be seen and/or the urgency of the condition.
- Function under the established routines and medical protocols of the clinic. Promote continuity of care by establishing follow-up care or referrals to other healthcare providers.
- Provide education to patients and families regarding the management of medications, treatments, home care or discharge instructions, etc.
- Assists the provider in performing diagnostic and therapeutic measures including disbursement of medications, casting, suturing, wound debridement, dressing changes, etc.
- Knowledge and skill in operation of specialized medical equipment, such as AED, resuscitators, EKG machine, monitors, pulmonary function, etc.
- Provides and/or assists in the provision of emergency care. Implement first aid in an emergency according to emergency preparedness policies.
- Knowledge of pharmaceuticals, their desired effects, and complications of their use.
- Utilize Electronic Health Record (EHR) medical records system through RPMS patient management system, in a competent manner, and provide team support for efficient functionality.
- Comply with all established policies and procedures including HIPAA.
- Ability to commute to all clinic locations.
- Knowledge of professional nursing standards, theories, and abilities, procedures and techniques used in acute and chronic disease care and education and could implement these within a clinical setting.
- Candidate must have at least one year of clinical nursing experience. Experience working with Tribes and/or Indian Health Service is preferred.
- Current and unencumbered Oregon State Licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).