Registered Nurse (MCH-Outreach)
Under general supervision, this position provides public health nursing services to pregnant and postpartum women, infants, toddlers, and their families in homes and community settings. Performs other duties as required. This position is supervised by the Maternal Child Health Outreach Services Team Leader.
- 50% - Nursing Process
- 30% - Documentation
- 10% - Quality Assurance/Team Process
- 10% - Program Responsibilities
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Public health theory and practices.
- Nursing process.
- Nursing assessment skills.
- Basic human physical, nutritional and psychosocial needs.
- Federal, State and County laws and regulations which impact the department.
- Demonstrate rapport building and sensitivity in working with families of various cultures, social and financial backgrounds.
- Work independently in challenging situations utilizing critical thinking skills.
- Prepare and maintain records, charts and reports.
- Follow detailed written and oral directions.
- Communicate effectively to individuals and groups, both orally and in writing, using the English language.
- Exercise independent judgment and seek solutions to problems that arise on a regular basis.
- Teach/speak in front of groups.
- License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Kansas.
- CPR Certification.
- Has a working car.
- Valid Driver's License and able to operate County-owned vehicle (HR-2013-2).
- HR-2013-2: Driving record that shows: No misdemeanor or felony convictions for traffic/vehicular offenses (DUI, vehicular homicide, reckless driving, hit and run, etc.) on the driving record that are less than five (5) years old; No more than two (2) at fault or chargeable accidents on their driving record that are less than five (5) years old; No more than two (2) traffic infractions (speeding, failure to yield right of way, etc.) that are less than one (1) year old.
- Required to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Required to lift up to thirty (30) pounds.
- If CPR Certification has lapsed, will be required to renew their Certification within 120 days of employment.
This Position Description is not designed to list all tasks and responsibilities of this position. Shawnee County reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need may arise. This Position Description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.