SCHENECTADY CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
108 Education Drive
Schenectady, NY 12303-1238
NOTICE OF POSITION
The Superintendent of Schools, Mr. Anibal Soler, Jr., seeks applications from
qualified candidates for the position of:
Registered Professional Nurse
Starting salary - $49,020-$53,393/year
- Assists the School Physician in physical, visual and auditory screening examinations of students and employees;
- Administers first aid and emergency treatment to students and employees;
- Prepares and maintains health records for school authorities;
- Assists at school immunization clinics;
- Arranges to transport sick or injured students or employees to hospital, home, doctor’s, and dentist’s office in cases of emergency;
- Inspects the school plant, playground and cafeteria and reports on general safety and sanitary conditions;
- Orders, inventories and oversees the storage of first aid and related health supplies and equipment;
- Consults with attendance teachers, staff members and school nurse-teachers concerning a variety of health factors related to non-attendance and communicable disease;
- Prepares records and reports as required.
(A) Graduation from a school of nursing approved by the State Education Department from a course approved by such department as qualifying for Registered Professional Nurse.
(B) Eligibility for a license issued by the State of New York to practice as a
Registered Professional Nurse.
Special Requirement for Acceptance of Applications:
Eligibility for a license issued by the State Education Department from a course approved by such department as qualifying for Registered Professional Nurse.
Please click apply to email resume.
EVERYBODY COUNTS. EVERYBODY LEARNS
The Schenectady City School District is committed to hiring members of the protected
classes and residents of the City of Schenectady. For more information on the Schenectady
City School District recruitment and hiring plan, please contact the Office of Human
Resources. The Schenectady City School District does not discriminate on the basis of age,
color, creed, disability, marital status, veteran status, national origin, race or gender. This
policy is in compliance with the Title IX of the Education amendments of 1972, Section 504
of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Regulations and Bylaws of the Board of Education
of the Schenectady City School District.