Summary of position
Under the supervision of the Unit Manager / ADON/ DON the RN assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of residents/patients for a shift of duty. Nursing care is provided through assessment, implementations, and evaluation of the plan of care. The RN adheres to the standards of care for the area, manages the environment to maintain resident/patient safety, and supervises the resident/patient care activity performance by nursing assistants and helpers. Follows all North Shore’s policies and procedures. Performs duties as defined by the State Nurse Practice Act. Follows where applicable JCAHO standards.
Requirements of the position
Required Education and Experience
- Licensed in the State as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Must have and maintain current CPR certification
- Able to use necessary supplies and equipment (feeding pumps, oxygen, treatment trays, medication cart, etc.).
- Able to calculate drug dosage
- Meets all health requirements imposed by law
- Ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other center staff
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Demonstrated basic computer knowledge and ability with an aptitude to learn company applications
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Previous post-acute care experience preferred
We offer a comprehensive benefits packages which includes:
- Health insurance for full-time employees starting the first of the month following 30 days of employment
- Dental and vision insurance for full and part-time staff
- 401(K) Program for full and part-time staff
- 6 paid holidays plus one floating holiday for full-time staff
- Company paid life insurance for full-time staff
- Voluntary life and disability insurance for full-time staff
- Paid Time Off
Our mission is to establish a culture that reinforces the values necessary to be the premier health services provider and employer in each of the communities we serve. We understand that choosing where you want to go in your career is a big decision. We would like the opportunity to show you that North Shore Healthcare is the Right Choice for you.