RN Team Lead/Charge Nurse - Perinatal - Night Shift - Sign-On Bonus
- Working as a team with multi-skilled patient care providers in the delivery of preferred outcome oriented, safe, therapeutic and cost effective care.
- Identifies patient needs based on professional knowledge and medical plan of care. Establishes individualized outcome measures for each patient's care.
- Delegates interventions based on critical thinking skills and a knowledge of the competencies of each team member.
- Coordinates care to maximize desirable outcomes, patient satisfaction, and cost effective utilization of available personnel and resources.
- Through utilization of the nursing process, the clinical nurse diagnoses and treats patient and family responses to actual or potential health problems. The Perinatal nurse is accountable to the patient, family, peers, and leadership team.
- Ensures and manages that appropriate nursing care is delivered by utilizing the nursing process and according to AWHONN standards.
- Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the hospital environment.
- Communicates with MD/surgeon and anesthesiologist continuously and as needed about patient condition.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
Education: RN , Associates; Prefer BSN or actively working towards a BSN (or allied health field).
Experience: Perinatal/ Labor and Delivery experience required. Prefer charge RN/Team Lead or supervisory experience;
Knowledge/Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, organizational, and teaching skills required. Sound conflict management skills and the ability to be fair, unbiased and even-tempered. Ability to function as a role model in the nursing role.
Licenses/Certifications: RN Licensure in TX, BLS, ACLS, NRP certification with the American Heart Association.